Last updated: Feb 18, 2023
Hello! Welcome to Samay. Here's how we protect your data and respect your privacy.
Our role in your privacy
If you are creating a poll on Samay or voting on a poll, or just visiting our website, this policy applies to you.
- Do not impersonate anyone else on polls.
What data we collect
Information about events and your availability for those events which you enter in a poll.
How and why we use your data
Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. We use the data solely to ensure the functionality of Samay — which is to help you quickly find the best time for meetings.
- You have the right to not provide us with event or personal availability information. If you choose to do this, you can continue browse this website's pages, but you won't be able to create polls or vote on polls.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. We will provide you with the information within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other (e.g. another person's personal or event details). We'll tell you if we can't meet your request for that reason.
- You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you.
- You have the right to be 'forgotten' by us. You can do this by deleting the polls you created.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data. But please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns.
Where do we store the data?
We use MongoDB's Atlas cloud database service to store all the events and your availability information.
How long do we store your data?
We will delete every poll 1 month after the event associated with the poll is over.
How can I block cookies?
You can block cookies by activating a setting on your browser allowing you to refuse the setting of cookies. You can also delete cookies through your browser settings. If you use your browser settings to disable, reject, or block cookies (including essential cookies), certain parts of our website's user experience would deteriorate.
We do not address anyone under the age of 13. Personally identifiable information is not knowingly collected from children under 13. If discovered that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, such information will be immediately deleted from the servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the details below so that this information can be removed.